Virtual, NL Rotterdam, ZH, NL
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The InfoArchive group of OpenText Enterprise Content Management platforms division is focusing on development and maintenance of the InfoArchive product line. InfoArchive is a unified enterprise archiving platform that stores related structured data and unstructured content in a single, consolidated repository. This product enables corporations to preserve the value of enterprise information in a single, easily accessible, unified archive. You will join the founding members of the InfoArchive Server team and will become responsible for part of the product. This is a virtual position, but you should be around Rotterdam to meet the team in Rotterdam from time to time.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will play a key role in the continuing success and design of the InfoArchive product line. You will work within general practices; implement features for a wide range of complex software modules in Java. To ensure product functionality completeness and the highest quality of work, you will work closely with product managers, QA engineers, technical writers, support engineers and other engineering teams worldwide. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements of or fixes to existing products.
You are great at:
• Implementing excellent code employing best practices and applicable design patterns while validating it with unit tests and integration tests. We do expect you to be very hands-on in development process together with the rest of the team.
• Leading design specs, architectural reviews and code reviews.
• Working on unusually complex and sensitive problems and provide state-of-the art solutions that are highly creative.
• Acting as lead contributor to the team and the organization as a whole. Not hesitating to be involved in developing, mentoring or coaching others.
• Being accountable for delivery of entire subsystems, anticipating issues and addressing them proactively.
What it takes:
• BS, MS or PhD in CS or a related field with 4 years in project management or management position.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Java development of highly concurrent systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, distributed systems, multithreading programming, performance optimization
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Working knowledge of XML related standards (e.g. XSD, XQuery, parsing techniques)
• Practical experience with Perforce, Jira, TeamCity, Maven, Gradle
• Practical experience with profiling Java code
• Practical experience with Agile/Lean software development methodologies
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.