Full time indeterminate employment (37.5 hours per week) – LES 9
Working in the international business development team of the Embassy of Canada to Belgium and Luxembourg in Brussels, Belgium, under the general direction of the Commercial Counsellor, the incumbent is a senior investment officer acting as the focal point responsible for liaising with companies based in the BENELUX territory to facilitate Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Canada. The incumbent is responsible for the facilitation of large-scale greenfield and expansion investments in Canada. This includes developing strategies, relationships with key clients and providing expertise in the development of strategic, operational, annual business plans, goals, objectives and policies. The incumbent:
- Plans, develops and delivers business development strategies to attract investments from foreign companies and facilitate Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Canada
- Provides advice, expertise and recommendations on investment opportunities and strategies, business environment, research and innovation, policies and market intelligence as well as opportunities and challenges aligned with the government economic growth strategy
- Leads research and analysis, and scans the environment for intelligence and reports on changes, trends, local developments, emergent opportunities and sector priorities that could have an effect on Canadian interests.
- Establishes and maintains a network of contacts and deepens relationships with local and foreign governments, local partners, municipal investment agencies as well as corporate investors.
- Provides substantive input in communication that is required to advance Canadian interest and to have a detailed understanding of corporate leaders in their respective industry sectors, which may be appropriate targets for investment promotion.
- Designs, plans and delivers investment promotion activities including budget management for such activities or projects such as: seminars, conferences, high level visits to/from Canada, roundtables, keynote speeches on issues of interest to the local business network, which includes relationships with local and Canadian partners and contracting with suppliers.
How to apply
All persons interested in this offer shall notify their interest by completing the online application form on this link :
where all conditions and selection criteria are stipulated. Candidates must submit a cover letter and a CV. A french version of this announcement is also available via the above link.
Deadline for application : November 8th 2020