Job Ref: 2684
Job Title: Senior Investment Officer (M/F)
Salary: 73.383 euro gross per year, plus benefits
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Belgium.
Location: Avenue des Arts 58, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Closing date for applications: 02-02-2019 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Working in the international business development team of The Embassy of Canada to Belgium and Luxembourg in Brussels, Belgium, under the general direction of the Commercial Counsellor, the incumbent is an investment officer acting as the focal point responsible for liaising with companies based in the BENELUX territory to facilitate Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Canada. The incumbent is responsible for the facilitation of large scale greenfield and expansion investments in Canada.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and/or CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications. It is not sufficient to simply state responsibilities. They must also demonstrate and explain how they meet the criteria, not simply list the criteria they meet.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a field related to the position, including but not limited to Commerce, Finance or Economic.
• Ability to communicate effectively* in French (reading, writing, and speaking);
• Ability to communicate effectively* in English (reading, writing, and speaking);
• Ability to communicate effectively** in Dutch (reading, writing and speaking)
*NB. Communicate effectively in French and in English is considered to be the equivalent to C1 level per the Common European framework of reference for languages.
**NB Communicate effectively in Dutch is considered to be the equivalent to B2 level per the Common European framework of reference for languages.
• A minimum of five ( 5) years recent* professional experience in business development or foreign direct investment attraction.
*Five (5) years recent experience being defined as within the last eight (8) years.
• Experience in managing client and stakeholder relationships and in providing client service support to customers/clients;
• Experience in project management;
• Experience in providing strategic advice, briefings, information session presentations and written reports to management and/or clients on international business issues; and
• Experience in using social media tools for promotion and/or to generate new business opportunities.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, written examinations, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessments.
• Knowledge of the role of governments in attracting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI);
• Knowledge of the factors that influence investment, expansion and relocation decisions, and of Canada’s value proposition for investors; Knowledge of trends and recent developments in the Canadian and BENELUX economy.
• Communicate effectively in French, English and Dutch, as per the level required;
• Secure, prepare for, conduct, and provide follow-up to an investment outcall;
• Build and sustain a network of contacts;
• Analyze information and provide strategic advice;
• Manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines;
• Use social media tools for promotion and/or to generate new business opportunities;
• Use of technology tools and data bases
• Effective interpersonal skills;
• Sound judgement;
• Client-focus orientation.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and/or CV.
• A graduate degree from a recognized university (Master or Doctorate).
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice or on occasion to attend events outside normal working hours (i.e., evenings and weekends).
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in Belgium so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
Candidates who hold visas, electronic A-cards or non-renewable documents, such as student visas, cannot apply for this job, unless they are exempted from the obligation to obtain a work permit.
Documentation proving your citizenship and allowing you the right to work in Belgium is required upon applying.
A reliability rating (security clearance) is required to obtain this position at the Canadian Embassy in Brussels and will be subject to audits. This rating must be maintained throughout the employment - loss of the latter employment is sufficient reason to dismiss the employee.
Candidates must be admissible for travel abroad.
How to apply
Please follow the link http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2684& and complete the online application form.
Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French.
Candidates are also required to upload any document (i.e. copy of passport, proof of identity with photograph issued by the authorities of a State or other document) proving that they have legal right to reside AND work in Belgium upon applying for the position.
Our application tool allows candidates to upload two documents only: the cover letter and the CV. Please make sure to include a copy of your citizenship document and the document proving that you have legal right to work in Belgium at the bottom of the cover letter.
Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected. Paper applications or applications directly sent by email to RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca are not accepted and will not be taken into consideration.
Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to:
RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
Area of selection:
This selection process is open to candidates who, upon applying, can legally reside and work in Belgium, who meet all the essential criteria mentioned and whose applications are received on the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Belgium does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada applies the principles of equal opportunity under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms of Canada. See “conditions of employment” and “important notes” sections for additional details.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Proof of educational qualifications will be required during the process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Belgium does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Belgium which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us, only by sending an email to the following address : RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca
Visit here to apply.