In close cooperation with Invest Ottawa, The Hague Security Delta, InnovationQuarter, the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and the Dutch Embassy in Ottawa, the Canadian Embassy to the Netherlands has launched the Canada-Netherlands Cyber & Security Technologies Soft Landing Program. This program offers Canadian and Dutch companies a unique opportunity to 'soft land' for a trial period in the respective Dutch and Canadian markets. InnovationQuarter is co-organizing the program and will be dedicated to providing the Canadian participants with tailored support.
Cyber & Security Technologies Soft Landing Program
Ultimately, the Soft Landing Program is conceived to provide a low risk entry trial to Canadian and Dutch companies entering a new international market, accessing the resources they need to more readily tap into commercial opportunities by connecting with new partners, closing new deals, and possibly setting up a permanent presence in the market. Participating companies will be provided with access to key resources and support by Invest Ottawa and The Hague Security Delta to build a strong regional network in the markets and make strategic connections.
Chris van Voorden, Director Foreign Investments at InnovationQuarter: “This Soft Landing Platform offers great opportunities for both Dutch and Canadian companies. The program provides companies with the opportunity to learn from international counterparts and has great potential for new business relations and cooperation. If Canadian companies are successful in this program, InnovationQuarter will be more than willing to support them in permanently expanding their business to The Hague. Our services include introductions to networks, finding a suitable office location, support with incorporating a legal entity, registering at the Chamber of Commerce and opening a bank account.”
Each participating company will land between January 1, 2017 and March 31, 2017 for a period of up to three months. Within this period, start dates and durations of soft landings for each company are flexible, and these decisions are tailored to company needs.
Opportunities for Canadian and Dutch companies
The Soft Landing Platform in The Hague offers:
- Access to office space in The Hague at The Hague Security Delta fully funded by this program at no cost to you.
- Mentorship from The Hague Security Delta (HSD), InnovationQuarter, industry leaders, partners, the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service and the Dutch Embassy in Ottawa.
- Support in accessing financial resources, engaging strategic partners, and refining business models for market opportunities in the EU region.
- Greater exposure to global partners and opportunities to pursue European clients.
Doing business in The Hague
Why your company should land in The Hague:
- The Hague is the centre of The Hague Security Delta, the largest security cluster in Europe (with a turnover in The Hague of €1.7 billion, 400 security companies and 13,400 people).
- The Hague Security Delta has strong ties with other innovative and influential regions in the field of security in the Netherlands and abroad.
- The HSD Campus is the national innovation centre for security with state-of-the-art labs for serious gaming, real-time intelligence and incident experience, education and training facilities, flexible office space, and meeting rooms.
- InnovationQuarter has a dedicated team in place to support international companies.
Dutch security companies to explore the North American market
As the program works two ways, HSD partners that are interested in exploring the North American market get a unique opportunity to “soft land” for a trial period in Ottawa, Canada’s national hub for the cyber, defence and security sectors.
If you are interested and want to learn more about the Soft Landing Platform, please feel free to contact: Caroline Bolduc, Trade Commissioner-Innovation The Embassy of Canada to the Kingdom of the Netherlands via +31 (70) 311-1653 or email@example.com. Or contact Philip Meijer, Account Manager Safety & Security at InnovationQuarter.